Dental x-rays are often used by dentist to get a clearer picture of the underlying problem in your mouth. They also use it to check if the procedure was effective, and compare the results. There had been many misconceptions on dental x-rays, main that it can lead to cancer. However, such worries are baseless since the amount and type of x-ray you will be exposed to is extremely low, and does not cause cancer. There are 2 main types of dental x-rays which are used by dentists, Intraoral and Extraoral.
Intraoral x-rays are the most common type of best detist in kothrud for dental x-rays taken and used. These x-rays are taken by placing an x-ray film inside the mouth. Intraoral x-rays are extremely detailed, and are usually taken to give your best dentist in pune a better understanding of cavities, tooth root, tooth development, and the immediate bone structure surrounding the teeth. An Intraoral x-ray provides the dentist with information that can be used to conclude the general health of your teeth and jawbone. Intraoral x-rays can be further classified into the following types –
- Bite-wing X-rays – These type of intraoral x-rays specifically shows details of the upper and lower teeth. Each x-ray will show the tooth in its entirety, from its bone support to its crown. Bite-wing x-rays are generally used to detect decay and density of the teeth and bone.Dentists in kothrud usually use this type of x-ray to get exact measurements for a crown or to find the exact amount of bonding agent and/or filling needed.
- Periapical X-rays – This type of x-ray shows either side of the lower or upper jaw. The x-ray shows in detail the tooth and jaw structure on one side of either the lower or upper jaw. It is generally used to detect abnormalities in the tooth or bone structure and placement.
- Occlusal X-rays – This is the largest type intraoral x-ray. These are x-rays of the entire lower or upper jaw, taken to gain information of the development and placement of the tooth and bone.
Extraoral are generally used to examine the jaw and skull bone. They are less detailed, and are mainly used to look for impacted teeth, development and growth of the jaw bones, and to identify problems in the temporomandibular joint. Extraoral x-rays can also be used to examine the nearby bones of the face. This type of x-ray can be further categorized into the following types –
- Panoramic X-rays – These x-rays capture the entire mouth, the lower and upper jaw and all the teeth. This is extremely useful to good dentists in pune who need to view the entire mouth to identify emerging teeth, impacted teeth and tumours.
- Tomograms – Tomograms show a slice of your mouth. This is usually used to get an extremely clear and detailed image of structure in the mouth which are usually hidden underneath and are difficult to observe mainly due to being blocked by other structures.
- Cephalometric – These projections shows one side of the entire head. Cephalometric projections are generally needed when the top dentist in pune needs to examine the teeth and jaw in relation to your facial profile.
- Sialography – This allows the dentist to look at your salivary glands through the use of medically injected dyes. The dyes are a contrast agent which makes the gland visible on a x-ray film. Sialography is mainly used to detect salivary gland problems.
Computed Tomography (CT scan) –
A CT scan presents the child dentist in pune with a three dimensional image of the required body part. CT scans are used to identify both hard and soft tissues and to understand their structure and placement in 3D. This allows the dentist to visualize, understand, and plan the entire procedure without the need of an autopsy. They also help to prevent and avoid any unseen and unexpected complications during and after the procedure.
Modern-day best dental clinic in pune for dental x-rays are taken through a technique called digital imaging. Similar to modern day cameras, the x-rays are not developed on film but are displayed and stored on a computer. This technique is why modern day x-rays can be easily done with low levels of x-rays and are made available within a few seconds. The x-ray image can also be enhanced and enlarged easily.
Modern dental x-rays have become quick, easy and safe for both you and the dentist. You no longer need to wait for the film to develop or be afraid of getting cancer due to x-rays. If needed, your x-rays can easily be sent to your top dentist in pune the ease and safety of this modern-day technology has made.